Pork Chops with Apricot Glaze Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1. Mix ginger, salt, garlic powder and pepper; rub onto both sides of chops. In a small saucepan, combine preserves, hoisin sauce and pepper flakes; cook and stir over medium heat until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup for brushing chops after grilling.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with remaining sauce during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Brush chops with reserved sauce; sprinkle with green onions and peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop equals 399 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 549 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.