Pork Chops with Apples Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4-inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large green apple, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large red apple, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on each side. Season with salt and pepper; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onions and apple wedges until crisp-tender.
- 2. Combine mustard and brown sugar; brush over chops. Return to the skillet; cook for 4 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 226 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein .
Reviews for Pork Chops with Apples
"Oh boy, did my hubby and I enjoy this meal. No changes needed. You must try this recipe!"
"Wow - so good - I'm not usually a pork chop fan but the flavoring of this dish had us going back for seconds. I appreciated that it was simple to make and most ingredients already on-hand. The only change I made was to use all Fuji red apple since I didn't have green apple on-hand."
"I didn't have Dijon Mustard on hand, so I used 1 Tbsp yellow, and 1 Tbsp spicy. I used boneless pork chops and only one onion. I cooked the apples and onion separately, to speed up cooking time. I also added 1 Tbsp brown sugar to the apple/onion mixture along with some butter to add a little sweet caramelization at the end. Everything turned out wonderfully delicious, and I didn?t have any leftover pork chops because my husband ate the extra one!"
"Absolutely delicious! Will make it often."
"The ultimate test: my kids loved it, except for the mustard hater. He suggested I make it again and leave the mustard off of his. :)"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer