The heartwarming taste of cinnamon and apples is the perfect accompaniment to these tender pork chops. This dish is always a winner with my family. Because it calls for only four ingredients, it's a main course I can serve with little preparation. —Joan Hamilton, Worcester, Massachusetts
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1-inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) crushed stuffing mix
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling with cinnamon
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, prepare stuffing according to package directions. Spread pie filling into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place the pork chops on top; spoon stuffing over chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p27
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review