Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1-inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) crushed stuffing mix
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling with cinnamon
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, prepare stuffing according to package directions. Spread pie filling into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place the pork chops on top; spoon stuffing over chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing
Sort By :
I added a can of Golden Pork Gravy to the stuffing and it was delicious.
This has been a family favorite since it was first published in Quick Cooking. I don't find apple filling with cinnamon in my stores, so I just sprinkle on some cinnamon to the filling after putting it in the pan. I usually cut large chunks of apple in half before putting pork chops or slices of pork loin on top.
This was excellent! My husband says this is so good it could be served to company! It made a lot for just the two of us (I did use just two chops), so I'll try halving the dressing and apples next time.
This was so so good. I've never had a juicier and more delicious pork chop in my life! Yum!
I really enjoyed the flavor combination of recipe, also liked the stuffing on top of pork chops.