Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1-inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) crushed stuffing mix
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling with cinnamon
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, prepare stuffing according to package directions. Spread pie filling into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place the pork chops on top; spoon stuffing over chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing
Sort By :
Best pork chop! Was gobbled up in seconds.
My husband doesn't normally care for boxed stuffing dishes, but this one works! I used Stove Top Sage, as the store was out of the Pork Stuffing. Couldn't find Apple pie filling with cinnamon so I just sprinkled cinnamon on top of the pie filling. Next time, I will double both the stuffing and the pie filling!! And it warms up well in the oven, believe it or not. Baked it until there was a good color to the stuffing, making it crispy! Good stuff! ??
I make this recipe all the time. Usually I add another half can of pie filling to the bottom of the pan and sprinkle it with cinnamon. It doesn't take long to bake and is absolutely delicious. Company loves it.
I added a can of Golden Pork Gravy to the stuffing and it was delicious.
This has been a family favorite since it was first published in Quick Cooking. I don't find apple filling with cinnamon in my stores, so I just sprinkle on some cinnamon to the filling after putting it in the pan. I usually cut large chunks of apple in half before putting pork chops or slices of pork loin on top.