Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing
The heartwarming taste of cinnamon and apples is the perfect accompaniment to these tender pork chops. This dish is always a winner with my family. Because it calls for only four ingredients, it's a main course I can serve with little preparation. —Joan Hamilton, Worcester, Massachusetts
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1-inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) crushed stuffing mix
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling with cinnamon
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare stuffing according to package directions. Spread
- pie filling into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place the
- pork chops on top; spoon stuffing over chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes
- longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer