Pork Chops with Apple Stuffing Recipe
During slow periods at the hospital where I once worked, we would gather and talk about creating culinary masterpieces. This recipe was one of our most successful creations! It's an impressive meal for company.
- 1-1/3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tart apple, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- Chicken broth
- 1. In a skillet, brown bread crumbs in butter until golden; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion, celery and garlic in oil until tender. Remove from the heat. Add crumbs, apple, egg and seasonings; mix well.
- 2. Lay one pork chop flat; spoon a fourth of the stuffing on top of it. Top with another chop and secure with string. Repeat with remaining chops and stuffing. Stand chops vertically but not touching in a deep roasting pan.
- 3. Fill pan with 1/4 in. of chicken broth. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Apple Stuffing
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC