Pork Chops with Apple Rings
With a fruity apricot, raisin and apple topping, these tender chops are special enough to serve to company, yet simple enough to fix anytime. The best part is that the apples don't have to be peeledjust core and slice, and you're ready to go. Kathleen Harris
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium unpeeled Golden Delicious apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 1/4 cup diced dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Sprinkle pork chops with celery salt, sage, salt and pepper. In a
- large skillet, brown chops in butter on one side; turn. Top with
- apple rings. Sprinkle with apricots, raisins and brown sugar.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 18-22 minutes or until meat juices
- run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer