Pork Chops with Apple-Celery Stuffing Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled apple
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops over medium heat in 2 tablespoons butter on each side; remove from pan and keep warm. In the same pan, saute the stuffing cubes, apple, celery, raisins, water, sage, salt and pepper in remaining butter until apples and celery are crisp-tender.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with pork chops. Spread mustard over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 359 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 995mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein
Reviews for Pork Chops with Apple-Celery Stuffing
"I thought this was pretty good--family enjoyed it. We will most likely be making this again in the fall, as I feel it is a good meal for the fall time."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer