- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork in butter for 4-6 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute onion in drippings until tender. Add 3/4 cup water; stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in the honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Return pork to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-10 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Pork Chops in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p36
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2011
VERY EASY AND VERY GOOD. DOESN'T TAKE A LOT OF TIME OR INGREDIENTS. MY HUSBAND AND I LOVE IT!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >