Pork Chops Over Rice Recipe
If you asked my husband to name his favorite foods, he'd likely mention these chops. I've also served this appealing skillet supper to company. Ever since I clipped the recipe out of the paper many years ago, it's become a standard in my kitchen. We live in a semi-rural area with two horses and six cats!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil; remove. Add the remaining ingredients to the pan; top with pork chops.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC