If you asked my husband to name his favorite foods, he'd likely mention these chops. I've also served this appealing skillet supper to company. Ever since I clipped the recipe out of the paper many years ago, it's become a standard in my kitchen. We live in a semi-rural area with two horses and six cats!
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil; remove. Add the remaining ingredients to the pan; top with pork chops.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops Over Rice in Country Woman January/February 2000, p31
Reviews for Pork Chops Over Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review