Pork Chops Ole Recipe
- 6 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Seasoned salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine the water, tomato sauce, rice and taco seasoning.
- Arrange chops over rice; top with green pepper. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until rice and meat are tender. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pork Chops Ole
Sort By :
"The rice wasn't even near cooked by the time the chops were-used long grain white rice and followed recipe exactly. Chops were delicious, however, as I removed them when they were done. Had to leave the rice in the oven for a 1/2 hour longer."
"This is my hubby's favorite pork chop recipe!! Chops always tender, great flavor!!"
"This dish has excellent flavor and the rice was delicious. I can not wait to make this again!"
"Easy and delicious."
"pork chop with mexican flavor twist to it."