Pork Chops Ole Recipe
- 6 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Seasoned salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine the water, tomato sauce, rice and taco seasoning.
- Arrange chops over rice; top with green pepper. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until rice and meat are tender. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pork Chops Ole
Sort By :
"This is my hubby's favorite pork chop recipe!! Chops always tender, great flavor!!"
"This dish has excellent flavor and the rice was delicious. I can not wait to make this again!"
"Easy and delicious."
"pork chop with mexican flavor twist to it."
"What an easy dish! I tossed in extra chopped bell pepper and some chopped onion with the rice. Might want to season up those chops some more if you like spicy but these were great for us. This is a saver for sure!"