Pork Chops Ole Recipe
This recipe is a fun and simple way to give pork chops south-of-the-border flair. The flavorful seasoning, rice and melted cheddar cheese makes this dish a crowd-pleaser. A dear friend shared this recipe with me several years ago. -Laura Turner, Channelview, Texas
- 6 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Seasoned salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, combine the water, tomato sauce, rice and taco seasoning.
- 3. Arrange chops over rice; top with green pepper. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until rice and meat are tender. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC