Pork Chops Ole Recipe
This recipe is a fun and simple way to give pork chops south-of-the-border flair. The flavorful seasoning, rice and melted cheddar cheese makes this dish a crowd-pleaser. A dear friend shared this recipe with me several years ago. -Laura Turner, Channelview, Texas
- 6 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Seasoned salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, combine the water, tomato sauce, rice and taco seasoning.
Arrange chops over rice; top with green pepper. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until rice and meat are tender. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese.
Freeze option: Omit water and substitute 1 pkg. (8.8 oz.) ready-to-serve long grain rice for the uncooked rice. Assemble casserole as directed. Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC