Pork Chops Ole with Rice Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning (2 tablespoons)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with seasoning blend and pepper. Meanwhile, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine rice, water, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; mix well. Arrange chops over rice; top with green pepper. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; return to the oven until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1/6 recipe equals 273 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.