This recipe is a fun and simple way to give pork chops south-of-the-border flair. The flavorful seasoning, rice and melted cheddar cheese make this dish a crowd-pleaser.
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning (2 tablespoons)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with seasoning blend and pepper. Meanwhile, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine rice, water, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; mix well. Arrange chops over rice; top with green pepper. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; return to the oven until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops Ole in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p194
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops Ole with Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review