Pork Chops Ole with Rice Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning (2 tablespoons)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with seasoning blend and pepper. Meanwhile, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine rice, water, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; mix well. Arrange chops over rice; top with green pepper. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; return to the oven until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pork Chops Ole with Rice(2)
Sort By :
I love this recipe it is so easy to make ! I did not have tomatoe sauce so i used Rotel tomatoes and it was real good and had a kick! I use the normal not to spicey! !
This recipe is wonderful it is one of my families favorite. I cooked for fishermen at my home and it was a hit with them also.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >