Pork Chops Ole
This recipe is a fun and simple way to give pork chops south-of-the-border flair. The flavorful seasoning, rice and melted cheddar cheese make this dish a crowd-pleaser.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning (2 tablespoons)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with seasoning
- blend and pepper. Meanwhile, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish, combine rice, water, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; mix
- well. Arrange chops over rice; top with green pepper. Cover and bake
- at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese;
- return to the oven until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/6 recipe equals 273 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.