- 6 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Seasoned salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, combine the water, tomato sauce, rice and taco seasoning.
Arrange chops over rice; top with green pepper. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until rice and meat are tender. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese.
Freeze option: Omit water and substitute 1 pkg. (8.8 oz.) ready-to-serve long grain rice for the uncooked rice. Assemble casserole as directed. Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pork Chops Ole
Sort By :
"I have been making this recipe since the 90sI debone pork chops, and I double the recipe except for chops . My family has always liked it,You can't ask for an easier tastier recipe."
"My family did not like this recipe and asked me to throw it away. I agreed. Edible, but nothing great. My daughter loves spanish rice, but didn't like this. The chops were dry. The overall taste was boring."
"The rice wasn't even near cooked by the time the chops were-used long grain white rice and followed recipe exactly. Chops were delicious, however, as I removed them when they were done. Had to leave the rice in the oven for a 1/2 hour longer."
"This is my hubby's favorite pork chop recipe!! Chops always tender, great flavor!!"
"This dish has excellent flavor and the rice was delicious. I can not wait to make this again!"