I like to make this recipe for small holiday gatherings, especially when folks are tired of ham and turkey. It's delicious.
- 6 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops in oil; set aside. Combine the soup, milk, sour cream, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 cup onions; fold in potatoes. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange chops on top; sprinkle with salt.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until pork is tender. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops O'Brien in Country December/January 1997, p51
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops O'Brien
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review