- 6 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops in oil; set aside. Combine the soup, milk, sour cream, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 cup onions; fold in potatoes. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange chops on top; sprinkle with salt.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until pork is tender. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops O'Brien
"I've made this dish multiple times over the years, and everyone loves it. This is my go to comfort food dish on a cold fall night"
"this recipe is so good my kids which don't even like pork chops actually love this"
"Will make again. I think next time I will use cream of mushroom soup and some real onion. It lacked enough onion for us, but pretty darn good. Thanks you for the recipe."
"This is one of my favorite ways to make pork chops. The whole family is a fan of this recipe, even my 10 and 12 year olds!!"
"I've made this recipe over and over, everyone loves it! Spice up the chops beforehand and change the soup to Cheddar Cheese for another excellent variation!"