Pork Chops Normandy Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium pears, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons brandy or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in butter. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute pears and shallots until crisp-tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in brandy; cook over medium heat until liquid is evaporated.
- 2. Stir in the cream and seasonings; cook for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Return pork chops to skillet; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/2 cup sauce equals 488 calories, 29 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Chops Normandy
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.