Pork Chops Monterey Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1. Place pork chops in an 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray; top with onion. Combine the chili sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice; pour over chops. Cover and microwave on high for 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 295 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 655mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 2-1/2 fruit
Reviews for Pork Chops Monterey
"I cooked these in the oven at 350 for 1 hour, instead of using the microwave. Pork was very tender and it had a tasty sweet and sour sauce to serve over rice!"
"This is a go-to quick recipe for me. Restaurant-quality food with quick microwave preparation -- what's not to like? We like this with mashed potatoes instead of rice sometimes. Add a salad or veggie and your meal is ready!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.