Pork Chops Monterey
Topped with onions and a sweet, tangy sauce that is sure to wow dinner guests, these chops are moist and tender. “I often get requests for the recipe after they taste it,” says Robyn Herz of Overland Park, Kansas.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- Place pork chops in an 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish coated with
- cooking spray; top with onion. Combine the chili sauce, brown sugar
- and lemon juice; pour over chops. Cover and microwave on high for 15
- minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Serve with pork
- chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop (calculated without rice) equals 295 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 655 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.