Pork Chops Monterey Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) Minute® Ready to Serve White Rice
- 1. Place pork chops in an 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray; top with onion. Combine the chili sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice; pour over chops. Cover and microwave on high for 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop (calculated without rice) equals 295 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 655 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 fruit.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.