Topped with onions and a sweet, tangy sauce that is sure to wow dinner guests, these chops are moist and tender. “I often get requests for the recipe after they taste it,” says Robyn Herz of Overland Park, Kansas.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- Place pork chops in an 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray; top with onion. Combine the chili sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice; pour over chops. Cover and microwave on high for 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops Monterey in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p20
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops Monterey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review