Pork Chops Mole Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mole sauce or paste
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops in 1 tablespoon oil on both sides; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the onion and green pepper in remaining oil until crisp-tender.
- 2. Add tomatoes and mole sauce; stir to combine. Return pork chops to the pan. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/2 cup sauce (calculated without rice) equals 351 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.