- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mole sauce or paste
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops in 1 tablespoon oil on both sides; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the onion and green pepper in remaining oil until crisp-tender.
- Add tomatoes and mole sauce; stir to combine. Return pork chops to the pan. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops Mole
Sort By :
I was looking for a new way to make Pork and ran across this recipe. My friends all tell me that this is my best dish. I've adpated the recipe some to free up my time. I brown the chops and then put them in the bottom of a casserole pan. Mix up the other ingredients and pour over the chops. Bake at 350 for about an hour. Wondeful way to spend time with your guests while dinner is cooking!