Pork Chops Italiano Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4-inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 slices slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into rings
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in butter on both sides; drain. Combine the tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning and basil; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- 2. Top each pork chop with cheese and green pepper. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 211 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 486 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Chops Italiano
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.