Pork Chops in Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each), trimmed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. add pork chops; brown on both sides. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, wine or broth, oregano and pepper; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 pork chop with 1/4 cup sauce) equals 216 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pork Chops in Tomato Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.