Pork Chops in Orange Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1. Combine paprika and pepper; rub over both sides of pork chops. Brown chops in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Combine the orange juice, sugar, cloves and orange peel; pour over pork. Cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove chops and keep warm.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard cloves. Serve sauce with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 288 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.