These luscious pork chops prove that meals don't have to be complicated to be special. The easy orange sauce with cloves dresses up everyday chops in no time, but your family will think you fussed. —Billie Moss, Walnut Creek, California
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Combine paprika and pepper; rub over both sides of pork chops. Brown chops in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Combine the orange juice, sugar, cloves and orange peel; pour over pork. Cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove chops and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard cloves. Serve sauce with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops in Orange Sauce in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p20
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops in Orange Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review