Pork Chops in Orange Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Combine paprika and pepper; rub over both sides of pork chops. Brown chops in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Combine the orange juice, sugar, cloves and orange peel; pour over pork. Cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove chops and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard cloves. Serve sauce with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops in Orange Sauce
Sort By :
"I can honestly say that this is the only Taste of Home recipe I have not kept. None of the flavors matched up, it was all I could do to just eat one! Sorry."
"I would use two heads of minced garlic, chopped onion, bone in chops! The chops on the bone are always more tender.......using a lid is a good idea. This recipe is too bland, jazz it up a notch!!!"
"Ok but not good. Too much orange flavor and not much of anything else. Had the ceremonial shredding of the recipe then poked around the kitchen looking for something else to eat."
"to kwhelpley -- I have found through experience that if your porkchops are tough, you cooked them too long. To make them tender, you must continue to cook them for a longer period with moisture, covered with a lid to keep them moist. Hope this helps."
"The sauce was great, but the chops were tough. I bought a high-end cut of pork loin, because pork chops ALWAYS come out tough for me, no matter what I do-bake, grill, or stovetop. Any helpful hints?"