"A good friend made me these tender chops in a flavorful gravy for my birthday," recalls Meg Griesdorn of Murraysville, West Virginia. "I immediately asked for the recipe and have served them many times since. There are never leftovers," she reports.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot mashed potatoes
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. Dip pork chops in egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the soups; pour over chops. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops In Gravy in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p12
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops In Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review