Pork Chops In Gravy Recipe
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot mashed potatoes
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. Dip pork chops in egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the soups; pour over chops. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 295 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 804 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Chops In Gravy
"Was easy and delicious. It's a keeper for my family."
"I didn't bread the chops and I forgot to add the cheese. I seasoned the chops with pepper, season salt and onion powder. I browned the chops and made this on the stove top. We all enjoyed this."
"this recipe has a "yum" rating in my recipes!!"
"Did not change recipe at all. Dish was okay but most likely will not make it again."
"Followed the recipe exactly - Entire family loved it!! Chops super tender - gravy delicious over potatoes and pork - yummy and easy!"
"Very easy and flavorful. Next time I am going to try making it in a crock pot."
"These were delecious! The gravy had a great flavor and the chops were tender following the recipe exactly."
"Followed the recipe exactly. We all loved it."
"The pork chops are so tender and the gravy is heavenly. Well worth the little bit of extra effort it takes to brown the chops ahead of time."
"This is so good, all five of us loved this recipe!"
"This recipe received rave reviews from all four family members. My husband requested we add this to our regular menu."
"I am making this recipe for the second time but trying it in the crock pot today. It is a very good recipe!!!"
"This was so good! Made it twice within a week. The 2nd time, I used beef instead of pork chops and both were excellent."
"This was absolutely fabulous. Because I never think there is such a thing as too much garlic, I used roasted garlic breadcrumbs and roasted garlic cream of mushroom soup. Tender, tasty and OH SO GOOD. Thanks for this recipe"
"Wonderful and tasted amazing!"
"The pork chops were delicious...my family loved them. I only had cream of chicken soup on hand so that is what I used and it was good. I will definitely be making this recipe again."
"I fixed these tonight for first time. Husband raved about them. They are so good. Did not change a thing."
"Yummy! We used water and onion soup mix instead of the can of French Onion Soup. We also almost-carmelized some onion after searing the pork chops and put that on top of the chops in the pan."
"So good. We had company and they loved it."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.