Pork Chops In Gravy
"A good friend made me these tender chops in a flavorful gravy for my birthday," recalls Meg Griesdorn of Murraysville, West Virginia. "I immediately asked for the recipe and have served them many times since. There are never leftovers," she reports.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot mashed potatoes
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. Dip pork chops in egg mixture,
- then coat with bread crumbs. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the soups;
- pour over chops. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 325°
- for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with mashed potatoes.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 295 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 804 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum