- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot mashed potatoes
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. Dip pork chops in egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the soups; pour over chops. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops In Gravy
"Was easy and delicious. It's a keeper for my family."
"I didn't bread the chops and I forgot to add the cheese. I seasoned the chops with pepper, season salt and onion powder. I browned the chops and made this on the stove top. We all enjoyed this."
"this recipe has a "yum" rating in my recipes!!"
"Did not change recipe at all. Dish was okay but most likely will not make it again."
"Followed the recipe exactly - Entire family loved it!! Chops super tender - gravy delicious over potatoes and pork - yummy and easy!"