Pork Chops in a Honey-Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Combine 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle over pork chops. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Remove skillet from heat and add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Reduce heat to medium. Whisk in the broth, mustard, honey and remaining garlic powder; cook and stir for 1 minute. Whisk in cream; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Return pork chops and juices to the skillet. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce: 411 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 597mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0g fiber), 33g protein
Reviews for Pork Chops in a Honey-Mustard Sauce
"Tasty and easy to make."
"Chops were very tender and tasty"
"Great flavor, easy to put together. I think I could have let the sauce thicken a bit more next time."
"<p>We grilled our chops instead and served them with the yummy sauce... Delish!</p>"
"This was so quick and easy to make. It had great flavor too!"
"Lovely! My husband complimented me for them throughout the meal!"
"Got my Simple and Delicious magazine 2 days ago and this was in it. It is amazing!! I doubled the sauce because it sounded so good and it was!! I followed the recipe exactly except to double the sauce like I said. This is a MUST TRY."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.