Pork Chops Deluxe Recipe
- 6 boneless pork chops (4 ounces each), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Coat skillet with cooking spray; brown pork chops on both sides. Remove and set aside. Add water, scraping bottom of the skillet to loosen any browned bits.
- 2. Drain tomatoes, reserving juice; set tomatoes aside. Stir in the juice, soup, onion, mustard, mushrooms and salt if desired to skillet.
- 3. Return chops to skillet. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Combine rice and parsley. Serve the pork chops and sauce with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop (prepared with no-salt added tomatoes; calculated w/o added salt) equals 331 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Pork Chops Deluxe
"I forgot to mention, the "gravy" is also good on egg noodles."
"I put everything (except the rice) in a crock pot and cooked it on L for 4.5 hours (my crock pot cooks fast). It was very good. Don't be afraid to add some chopped green pepper or anything else that might appeal to you."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.