Pork Chops Creole Recipe
A sure way to perk up pork chops is with this herbed creole sauce. You can adjust the range of seasonings to suit your tastes. The red sauce with a sprinkle of green parsley makes a pretty presentation on the plate.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 pounds boneless pork loin chops (3/4-iinch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown pork chops, over medium-high heat, on both sides in oil. Remove chops and keep warm.
- 3. In the drippings, saute onion, green pepper, celery and garlic until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomatoes, salt, sugar, thyme, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- 4. Return pork chops to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve sauce with pork chops; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC