Pork Chops Creole Recipe
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides in batches. Set aside and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the onions, green pepper and yellow pepper until tender.
- Return pork chops to the skillet. Combine the soup, water, Creole seasoning, pepper and salt; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Serve immediately with rice if desired, or cool before placing in a freezer container. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen pork chops: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place in a skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops Creole(2)
Sort By :
I enjoyed this recipe. The sauce is delicious and the only thing I would change is make more of the sauce. We couldn't get enough of it for our rice.
My son is a very picky eater and he just loves these pork chops. Luckily, so does everyone else in the house!
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >