Pork Chops Creole Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 pounds boneless pork loin chops (3/4-iinch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Minced fresh parsley
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops, over medium-high heat, on both sides in oil. Remove chops and keep warm.
- In the drippings, saute onion, green pepper, celery and garlic until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomatoes, salt, sugar, thyme, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- Return pork chops to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve sauce with pork chops; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops Creole(2)
Sort By :
I added a teaspoon of cajun seasoning to the flour for a little extra kick, and since I had very thick pork chops, I popped the pan into the oven for almost two hours to get nice, tender meat. We really enjoyed this dinner.
This is a very simple but tasty recipe. I added some carrots to it too and it was good. Even for children (if you reduce the amount of hot sauce ).
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >