Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 4 cups cooked sliced sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Place potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper; coat pork chops. In a skillet over medium heat, brown chops in butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned; remove chops and place over sweet potatoes. Drain drippings from skillet. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir until smooth and bubbly. Pour 3/4 cup sauce over pork chops. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until pork is tender. Brush chops with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 530 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.