Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes Recipe
I grew up on a farm in Ohio where good food like this was a way of life. I've had this recipe for as long as I can remember and consider it a great meal to serve when entertaining.
- 4 cups cooked sliced sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper; coat pork chops. In a skillet over medium heat, brown chops in butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned; remove chops and place over sweet potatoes. Drain drippings from skillet. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir until smooth and bubbly. Pour 3/4 cup sauce over pork chops. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until pork is tender. Brush chops with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes in Country Pork 1996, p73
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review