Pork Chops and Sauerkraut Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 red apple, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- 1. In a skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Stir in the onion, broth, caraway seeds, pepper and celery seed. Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until tender. Add sauerkraut and apple.
- 2. Cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Before serving, sprinkle with bacon if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Pork Chops and Sauerkraut
"This was very good. My son's first attempt at making pork chops. It was simple enough for him and the ingredients were all on hand."
"Very good. I have been making it for years.My husband likes it."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer