Pork Chops and Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 3/4 cup white wine or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in 2 tablespoons butter for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Toss mushrooms with lemon juice. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion in remaining butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Stir the flour, salt and tarragon into the skillet until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, wine and, if desired, browning sauce, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Bring to a boil. Return chops to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/2 cup gravy equals 401 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 907 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Chops and Mushroom Gravy
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.