Pork Chops and Kraut Recipe
"I love sauerkraut, so this is one of my favorite dinners," notes Myra Innes of Auburn, Kansas. She browns pork chops in a skillet, simmers them with a nicely seasoned sauerkraut mixture, then stirs in sour cream for a fast finishing touch.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 to 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in oil. Add onion and garlic. Combine the sauerkraut, broth, caraway and paprika; spoon over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. Remove pork and keep warm. Sprinkle flour over sauerkraut; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pork Chops and Kraut
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2011
"An excellent variation onmore traditional pork and sauerkraut recipes that is good for smaller meals. The sour cream tempers the sourness just a bit."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC