This hearty combination of tender pork chops and two kinds of beans makes a satisfying supper from the slow cooker in summer or winter," assures Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas.
Recommended: 60 Favorite Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
- 4 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-3/4 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chops on both sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in chili sauce, brown sugar and mustard. Pour over chops.
- Cook, covered, on low 4 hours or until meat is almost tender. Stir in beans. Cook, covered, 1 to 2 hours longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops and Beans in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p45
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops and Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review