This hearty combination of tender pork chops and two kinds of beans makes a satisfying supper from the slow cooker in summer or winter," assures Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas.
- 4 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained or 1-3/4 cups frozen lima beans
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt if desired and pepper. In a skillet, brown chops in oil; transfer chops to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in the skillet; saute onions and garlic until tender. Stir in chili sauce, brown sugar and mustard. Pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Stir in beans. Cover and cook 1 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until meat juices run clear and beans are heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops and Beans in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p45
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops and Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review