- 8 frozen potato and onion pierogies
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium Golden Delicious apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Cook pierogies according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, cook chops in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat until juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter for 3 minutes. Add apple; saute until almost tender. Stir in the sugar, vinegar, and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain pierogies. Add pork chops and pierogies to skillet; stir to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Chops 'n' Pierogies
Sort By :
"my husband loved this"
"This is so easy and filling! We loved this and will make it again! We put good color on the chops. Then while we were sautéing the onion, we put the chops in the oven to finishes them off. So tender!"
"This recipe has become a real family favorite. Guests are always very impressed as it looks fancy but it really is so easy."
"This is an excellent recipe. I used fresh pierogies from a shop in my area. I bought half potato/onion and half sauerkraut. Tasted great, I will definitely make again."
"I made this for my family a few times and we all love it! Especially my 20 year old daughter. I like to make it every fall. It's easy and delicious!"