- 8 frozen potato and onion pierogies
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium Golden Delicious apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Cook pierogies according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, cook chops in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat until juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter for 3 minutes. Add apple; saute until almost tender. Stir in the sugar, vinegar, and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain pierogies. Add pork chops and pierogies to skillet; stir to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Chops 'n' Pierogies
Sort By :
This recipe has become a real family favorite. Guests are always very impressed as it looks fancy but it really is so easy.
This is an excellent recipe. I used fresh pierogies from a shop in my area. I bought half potato/onion and half sauerkraut. Tasted great, I will definitely make again.
I made this for my family a few times and we all love it! Especially my 20 year old daughter. I like to make it every fall. It's easy and delicious!
I make this recipe all the time for my husband. It has a wonderful taste to it and is fairly easy to make.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >