Pork Chops & Acorn Squash Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 medium acorn squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Place pork chops in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add squash. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, orange juice, salt, orange peel and browning sauce if desired; pour over squash. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops & Acorn Squash
Sort By :
The combination of the sweetness of the OJ and brown sugar were a hit with my daughter. The pork came out extremely tender after cooking for hours. My one complaint would be the acorn squash. It was not an easy squash to prepare. I think it was a good choice for the long cooking time and soaking up the juices. I wouldn't prepare the squash again. That's what makes the recipe 3 stars...otherwise, tasty.
Made this with sweet potato instead of acorn squash. Very good.
We found it very tasty. My crockpot must have cooked a little high though because it was done a little too soon.
We did not care for this. It was not attractive at all like the picture and was to "orange-y". Not worth the time or effort.
Tried the recipe when I had a group of friends over and we all thought it was very good however it needed to cook longer then 4 hrs. I quartered the squash and used a paring knife to peel. Microwaving the squash a bit first might work good also as the squash did take longer to cook in the crock pot.