"My husband and I can never get enough fresh buttery squash from our garden. These chops cook up sweet and tender in the slow cooker and the classic, comfort-food flavor doesn't take up my whole day to prepare." Mary Johnson - Coloma, Wisconsin
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Place pork chops in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add squash. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over squash. Cook, covered, on low 4-6 hours or until pork is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops & Acorn Squash in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p49
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops & Acorn Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review