Pork Chops & Acorn Squash Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 medium acorn squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1. Place pork chops in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add squash. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, orange juice, salt, orange peel and browning sauce if desired; pour over squash. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with 2/3 cup squash (calculated without browning sauce) equals 317 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.