Pork Chop Veggie Medley Recipe
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 3 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the pork chops; brown on both sides and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove chops and onions with a slotted spoon; keep warm. Add water to drippings; bring to a boil, scraping any browned bits from pan. Return chops and onions to pan; add the tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- 2. Stir in corn and zucchini; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes longer or until the vegetable are tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 pork chop and 1 cup vegetable mixture with 2/3 cup rice) equals 418 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 455 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Pork Chop Veggie Medley
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.